- the article discusses how to load and process glTF models for efficient execution
- presented techniques aimed at WebGPU but mainly applicable to D3D12/Vulkan as well
- a super detailed analysis of the RE Engine used by Resident Evil
- shows the passes, what data structures are used, and detailed breakdowns of the effects of the passes
- the video tutorial explains common shadow problems and why they occur
- proceeds to present different solutions to the issues and compare the methods
San Francisco, CA (remote work is an option)
Double Fine Productions is looking for a full time graphics programmer to join its San Francisco based development studio. Having recently shipped the award winning Psychonauts 2, we are looking to expand our graphics and systems programming team to support the development of our future titles.
You will be responsible for developing rendering features, optimizing game performance and memory usage, and building low level systems on PC and Xbox.
Applicants should have a strong preference for working in a highly creative, innovative, and nimble development environment, where collaborating with design, audio, art, animation, tech, and other disciplines is standard.
- list of papers presented at High-Performance Graphics 2022
- contains links to the projects, papers, and youtube videos if available
- the video tutorial presents how to implement a fullscreen camera space rain effect
- implementation is done using Unity and Unreal visual shader system
- the stream shows a practical example of how to implement FSR 2.0 into the authors’ personal engine
- presents the complete process, including example project setup, engine integration, and testing
- collecting of optimizations done to reduce the Moana USD scene import time into Blender from 3 hours to 1.5 minutes
- includes generally applicable advice for performant CPU code implementations
- a collection of advice for SIGGRAPH 2022 (virtual) attendees
- list of links and events around the event
- article presents improvements in the new Nsight and Aftermath releases
- improved Ray Tracing Acceleration Structure Viewer and VK_KHR_graphics_pipeline_library extension support for Nsight graphics
- Aftermath has better support for tracking page faults from data writes
Thanks to Leonardo Etcheverry for support of this series.
Would you like to see your name here too? Become a Patreon of this series.