- the video explains how Spatial hashing applies to storing sparse spatial data
- presents how to extend the technique for cache coherence using view-dependent effects using world-space temporal filtering
- additionally presents how to improve quality by using visibility-aware environment sampling
- the article explains a method to compress 32-bit floats into 24-bits
- shows how IEEE floats are defined and how to take advantage of conventions to further compress them for constrained ranges
- HLSL and C++ code is provided
- the High-Performance Graphics 2023 conference is open for submissions
- the pages list topics covered and important dates for the submission
Darmstadt/Germany (partly remote possible)
YOU are looking to revolutionize the world of 3D in industrial environments and enjoy working in a highly innovative team?
Develop next-gen rendering technology, create high-performance pipelines and write complex real-time shaders. We are guaranteed to have interesting topics for YOU!
- the article announces that the GFXReconstruct now supports D3D12 (previously was Vulkan only)
- explains how to use the tool to record D3D12 applications
- additional shows workflows to reduce capture size and increase playback speed
- the video explains a second technique to generate terrains taken from the Focus on 3D Terrain Programming book
- provides a high-level overview of the algorithms as well as an OpenGL implementation
- additionally, details on how to deal with edge cases of the technique
- the article shows how to rotate a 2D sprite using 3 shear operations
- discusses the properties and advantages of this method
Thanks to Michael Hazani for support of this series.
Would you like to see your name here too? Become a Patreon of this series.