- the article provides an overview of considerations when developing a graphics technique for video games
- presents how game design, workflow, performance, artist controllability, … affect the possible solution space
- provides a case studio from the vegetation system from The Witcher 2
- the article presents how to implement frustum culling and the effects on CPU and GPU performance
- the blog post provides a look back at the evolution of graphics technology and how they affect game production
- author expresses his view on how ray tracing will repeat history and complexity will continue to increase as we want to archive more complex goals
- the blog posts takes a look at the RNDA ISA and presents how ray tracing has been implemented in AMD hardware
- look at the instructions to accelerate ray/triangle and ray/BVH intersection logic in hardware
- the article presents a new perceptual color space
- illustrates how the color space conversion is used and how it was derived
- color space is designed to use D65 white point (easier interop with Rec202 and sRGB) with even transitions when used in blending
- the article presents an overview of D3D12 aliasing barriers, Discard/Clear semantics, and how they interact with resource states
- presents three approaches to the problem
- it appears no way exists that doesn’t trigger debug-runtime errors and archives optimal performance
Thanks to Jonathan Tinkham for support of this series.
Would you like to see your name here too? Become a Patreon of this series.