- the articles continues the exploration into order independent transparency techniques
- presents the performance and quality of a solution that uses ray tracing
- discusses advantages, disadvantages and how it compares to other solutions
- the video tutorial provides a visual introduction into linear programming
- explains how to represent problems in a geometric fashion and then presents how to use the simplex method to solve it
- additionally presents how to solve linear problems using the pulp python package
Hybrid Working – Farnborough (45 Minutes outside London)
Join nDreams, a world-leading VR game developer and publisher, as a Principal Graphics Programmer and be at the forefront of VR gaming innovation.
As part of our team, you will research, implement, and support new rendering features and shaders, collaborate with technical and creative staff, and optimize code and systems for optimal performance. We offer a state-of-the-art collaborative workflow, flexible hours, and a range of exciting benefits.
Apply now to join our team and shape the future of VR gaming!
- the articles aims to provide an intuitive understanding of the marching cubes algorithmn
- starts by explaining how to render a circle on a pixel grid
- generalizing this method to marching square (the 2D equivalent) and expands it into 3D
- the video describes how to use raymarching to draw a lava lamp effect
- shows how to represent spheres using SDFs and combine multiple shapes
- implementation is done using Godot
- collections of papers from the High Performance Graphics 2023 conference
- contains the PDFs and where available also the video recordings
- covers topics such as Acceleration Structures, Primitives, Surfaces & Appearance Modeling, Deep Learning for Graphics, Distributed & Cloud-Based Rendering as well as GPU Mesh Computing
- AMD has released FidelityFX SDK that was announced during GDC 2023
- the SDK provides a unified interface that aims to reduce the overhead of integrating AMD provides techniques into applications
- added new Blur, depth of field and lens effects
- additionally updated existing techniques for the new SDK and introduced improvements
Remote Working (UK Based or Relocation)
Join nDreams Studio Orbital as a Graphics Programmer and be at the forefront of developing groundbreaking VR experiences that will captivate players for years to come.
As part of our remote team, you will collaborate with a diverse and innovative group, taking ownership of visual fidelity and rendering performance in Unreal Engine 5.
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of VR gaming technology and want to make your mark on the industry, apply now and be part of our exciting journey to redefine the future of VR!
- collections of papers from the Eurographics Symposium on Rendering 2023 conference
- covers topics in Ray Tracing, Neural Rendering, Spectral, NeRF, Materials, Scatter as well as Patterns & Shadows
- the blog post presents how to use available D3D12 APIs to create stable applications for profiling purposes
- shows that SetStablePowerState is only one part of the solution
- the second part SetBackgroundProcessingMode and shows how it allows drivers to communicate back to the application to allow stable performance results
- the paper introduces a tile-based decompression scheme aimed to allow data queries to operate in a single pass
- provides an overview of compression schemes
- shows how to combine delta decoding step and bit unpacking step into a single pass
Thanks to Aras Pranckevičius for support of this series.
Would you like to see your name here too? Become a Patreon of this series.